Heated Seat Problem

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Icaru5
still on the production line
Passat model: B8

Heated Seat Problem

Post by Icaru5 »

Done almost 80,000 Miles now, without any issues whatsoever until today ...

I switched the heated drivers seat on and then realised after a few minutes that it wasn’t warm. After looking at the switch, the 3 orange lights weren’t on, so doubting whether I’d actually pressed the switch in the first place, pressed it again, only to notice that the 3 orange lights illuminated, and then extinguished after a couple of seconds. The same also happens with the passenger seat. I also notice that during the very short time the orange lights are on, the heated seats don’t show as a power consumer on the consumption screen. I will visually inspect the wiring and connections under the seats tomorrow as it’s too dark now. I can feel what seem to be a couple of molex connectors under the seats and will also reseat these just in case, strange how it happens on both seats though ?

Anyone else experience this ?

Thanks,

Ic.

P.S. I only had the car serviced at the dealers a couple of weeks ago, and it may we’ll be the first time I’ve tried the heated seats since then. Just a coincidence ?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login