DSG faults

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

JCB
still on the production line
Passat model: B8 GT BiTDi

DSG faults

Post by JCB »

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone has had any issues with their DSG 'box? On my way in to work yesterday morning with the engine cold and cruising at 30mph the gearbox changed between 3rd and 4th about 15-20 times within a mile. it was changing gear 2 or 3 times per second at times, the display literally flashing D3-D4-D3-D4-D3 as it did so. I accelerated out of the 30 limit into a 60 limit and it started behaving itself for a few miles, only to start doing it again when I entered the next 30mph zone in the next village.

Since I work about a minutes drive from my local VW dealer I took the car straight in to them and left it with them for the day but they tell me there are no faults stored and the car drove normally when they tested it. As a result they've given it back and booked it in for a few days next week to try and have a look at it from cold to see if they can replicate the problem.

Just wondered if anyone on here has seen or heard of this issue before and could shed any light on it? I imagine its an electrical or software issue but sometimes these are the hardest to trace and solve, especially if they're intermittent as this seems to be :roll: The car has done ~25k miles now and is a 2015 190 SCR R-Line estate.

Thanks in advance :D

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login