Electrical Gremlins are Breeding!!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lovewomble
still on the production line

Electrical Gremlins are Breeding!!

Post by lovewomble »

Well I've now had my lovely B8 2.0 TDI (150) GT DSG Estate for 18 months and loved every minute of it........almost.

I wouldn't say I've done mega mileage (50,000) to date but I'm starting to experience a couple of weird electrical issues, one can be quite scary!

Anyone else experienced the following?

1 - N/S mirror folds in when locking but doesn't always fold back out when unlocking. Annoyingly I always notice once I'm settled in my seat and have put my belt on!!
Out I have to get to pull it out as it won't do it electrically. Lookers in Guildford can find no fault!

2 - A couple of months ago whilst enjoying a nice drive up to Suffolk, I was accelerating off of a roundabout (dual carriageway) when the car suddenly went into limp mode at about 50mph. It was under load (accelerating) and I was down to about a 1/4 tank of fuel so thought it may have sucked up a bit of crud in the fuel?
Went in for service and investigation but Lookers in Guildford could find no fault!
Everything went well for a few weeks until it did it again one morning at about 30 mph. I stopped at the side of the road, switched off and restarted it and all was ok.

3 days later at 04:30 in the morning on the M3 it died again. 70 mph down to below 30 (not funny on a motorway with no real hard shoulder)! Managed to stop, restart and crack on again.

All was going well until I hit the M25. I was sat in lane 6, with plenty of traffic doing c.70mph with the flow when pop, limp mode again down to 20mph pretty quickly.

This was bloody frightening as I had traffic flying up behind me and had to get it all the way across 6 lanes to reset the damn thing.
Got there eventually, reset it and carried on to work. Needless to say I stayed in lane 1 all the way around to the M40 and thankfully I did; it did it another 3 times on the M25.

I actually videoed it to show the warning lights and speed loss for VW but having dropped it off today I'm not sure it's going to return any faults. The vehicle displayed the yellow exclamation triangle, flashed the curly pre heat light and reported an error with the start/stop system.
Apparently the error with Start/Stop info is common and covers a multitude of faults.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, it really is very worrying when it happens, especially at motorway speeds and its starting to make me question the car that I actually really like.

Advice as ever appreciated.
Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login