Playing music etc from external sources

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

GTPassat
still on the production line
Passat model: B8 GT Estate

Playing music etc from external sources

Post by GTPassat »

Hey Guys

I've had my B8 for about 3 months now and I was getting fed up seeing the generic music note on the screen when playing media from an external source. I've mainly been using a Windows phone and connecting via BT to listen to music, audiobooks and podcasts on the phone. I have no issue controlling my phone from the screen and the steering wheel buttons, but I'd like to display the album art for what I'm listening to. I've searched all over the place for this issue and there seems to be various solutions, none of which apply to a Windows phone. So, I switched to trying my ipod classic 160gb via the USB connector. That works to a degree in that I now get album art :esm ; however, when I navigate the index and select a track, I get a different track playing from the one I've selected :sad: Similarly, if I select an audiobook or podcast a different one plays. I cannot control the ipod via its own controls whilst it's connected to the USB connector. If I disconnect it, select the audiobook or podcast I want, hit play and then connect it, it plays at double speed and sounds like someone on helium. Funny as this sounds, it's not what I want.

Looking through the Discover media manual I'm wondering if the track selection problem is something to do with the file structure on the ipod? I also wonder if it's going to be easier if I copy the audiobooks or podcasts I want onto an SD card and play them that way.

Des anyone have any experience or knowledge of how this system works that might help?

Thanks

Dave

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login