Coming/leaving home lights

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm

brayj2
B4
Passat model: B8

Coming/leaving home lights

Post by brayj2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi All, question about coming home lights on the B8. The auto lights are fine when unlocking the car and stay on for 15 seconds as per the leaving home setting on the touchscreen, however at night when I arrive home and exit the car the lights don't come on or stay on at all but I have set them at 15 seconds. Any ideas guys?

Cheers
https://www.behance.net/JBRAYdesign (Automotive Design Portfolio)

1an
B1
Passat model: B7

Re: Coming/leaving home lights

Post by 1an » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 pm

If it's like my b7 then VW changed the setting and to activate you need to pull main beam stick to activate.
This is different to my wife golf where if lights had been on and you get out the lights stayed on. Simple change in vcds but not sure on the b8 but defiantly was on my b7 to return the function to how I liked it

brayj2
B4

Post by brayj2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:43 pm

1an wrote:If it's like my b7 then VW changed the setting and to activate you need to pull main beam stick to activate.
This is different to my wife golf where if lights had been on and you get out the lights stayed on. Simple change in vcds but not sure on the b8 but defiantly was on my b7 to return the function to how I liked it
Ah yes cheers mate, I found it by accident haha, yes my B6 was the same as the golf :) If I find some more bits to activate I will get it changed on vcds!

Cheers
https://www.behance.net/JBRAYdesign (Automotive Design Portfolio)

bakili
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: MK7 Golf

Post by bakili » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Just changed settings with OBD11 on my mk7 golf. Coming home was set to manual, changed to automatic. Now lights stay on after locking car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gte-me

Post by Gte-me » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:38 am

Anyone know where in vcds I’ll find this?