SE Business 2.0 BMT just arrived

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

MikeBz
still on the production line

SE Business 2.0 BMT just arrived

Post by MikeBz »

The replacement for my end-of-lease 2013 B7 2.0 BMT. First impressions (apart from the interior colour being wrong!) after a 3 mile round trip to fill up:

Engine is extremely noisy/diesel clattery compared to the old model - a massive step back. Maybe they skimp on the sound proofing in the Business model?

New key/start button system is a pain, what where they thinking of? Previously the 'key' (remote), which was already in your hand from unlocking, went into a slot and you pressed it to start. To stop you pulled it out so there it was already in your hand ready to lock as you walk away. Now there is no storage for the key, so you unlock, get in, fumble to put the key in your pocket or put it somewhere where it will rattle around or you can't find it again, then press the start button. Stopping is worse, press the start/stop button and then find (fumble around in pocket etc) the key so you can lock - what was one simple single one handed operation is now anything but. Is is just me?

Parking brake no longer applies itself automatically when you switch off (not necessarily a bad thing once you get used to it) - I can't find any settings for this or mention of it in the manual.

400+ mile round trip coming up over the next 2 days, hopefully I'll find something a bit more positive to say about it after that!

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login