Nearly New Passat SE Business Estate

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ljeverson

Nearly New Passat SE Business Estate

Post by ljeverson »

Hello everyone,

Been lurking this forum during my decision making phase, happy to say that thanks to lots of helpful tips from posters on here that I'm now the proud owner of a B8 Passat SE Business Estate. I know Harvard Blue doesn't seem a popular colour choice round here but with a bit of sunshine today I'm frankly loving it!

I was super fortunate to get my hands on an ex-VW car with only 8000 miles on the clock. It's the 2 litre TDI with loads of options. Winter Pack (heated seats and heated windscreen (wired), 3-zone climate air conditioning, 18" Marseilles Alloys, Dynamic Chassis Control and Area View. It even has the tyre pressure monitoring system! Really chuffed with it.

I'm a little bit sad to be missing out on the alacantra/leather seats on the higher specs, and I was sorely tempted buy an R-line just for the trapezoidal exhausts but you can't have everything in this world! Thanks to the Easter promo I got it for £19k with two years guarantee+servicing+roadside (really it was £20k but they gave me a grand towards the deposit). I costed up this car brand new with all the options and it was over £30k! Think I've got a bargain here unless someone wants to cruelly shatter my illusions (please don't!). Can't believe the tax is only £20 a year!

Anyways hope you enjoy the pics. I just wondered if anyone has any experience with the Diesel Particulate Filter regens on this model? My daily commute is barely 10 miles at putter-putter speeds below 30mph. Realise I'm probably going to have to make some deliberate motorway trips to burn the soot off the DPF filter. Anyone got any ideas how often I should do this? Or do you reckon just waiting for the warning light to come on is OK? I will roughly every couple of months be doing cross country runs for gigs with the band (needed an estate for my ridiculous bass amp: 8x10" speaker cab - ampeg heritage!!).

Pics to follow of the much needed bumper protector which I installed today.

Kind Regards

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login