First impressions

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

jbconno
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

First impressions

Post by jbconno »

Hi all.

Got my SE 1.6 estate delivered on Wednesday replacing a 61 plate SE 2.0tdi 140.

Bad points:
Dull interior and exterior styling
The multifunction computer in the instrument binacle isnt as quick and easy to use as the old car. Too many menus to scroll through leads to distraction when driving.
Its not as easy to get a comfortable driving position as the old car, the door arm rest is too far away . Maybe it wont be a problem to bigger built people but for me its out of reach. I have to sit at an angle to rest my elbow on it when cruising on the motorway.
The biggest problem by a country mile is the p1ss poor engine !! Avoid the 1.6 at all costs !! Its slow, noisy, gutless and far too overworked. Go for the 2.0 and pay the extra. Sadly we didn't have the choice.

Good points:
TONS of space in the boot and back seats, also plenty of room under the boot floor to stash thin or squashy items too. Its a great load lugger.
The adaptive cruise seems to work well provided you anticipate other vehicles pulling out in front of you on motorways. I didn't touch the pedals once from joining the M62 at Manchester untill I reached Liverpool.
It appears to be well built however its only been 3 days so the jury's still out on this. Lets see how long it take for the squeaks and rattles to appear
The colour, night blue looks really good.

That's it for now.
Last edited by jbconno on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 27 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login