USB in on discovery pro or SD better?

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

homerjh
B1
Passat model: B7 SE Estate

USB in on discovery pro or SD better?

Post by homerjh »

Quick one all, i have ordered a GT estate which has the standard discover head unit (also upgraded to the dynaudio setup, but doubt this makes any difference), but the manual states :

USB, AUX-IN, SD (2x) (Aux and USB require optional connection cable)

my current passat (B6) has some plug that you put the USB stick into and this attaches to a connection in the glove box, is this the same lead as the B8? also i have an Ipod connector, will this work as above as well?

i believe the connections are £40 each so may as well utilise them when moving company car :wink: , but is the SD card any better, so put a large SD card in with all the tunes on rather than a USB stick that is 3 years old and may be slower to navigate?
2012 B7 SE 140 Estate, Island Grey, F&R parking sensors and Rear tinted windows and 3rd party towbar that is from a B6 that sticks out 1/2 mile....

Coming soon.... 2015 B8 GT150 Estate Indium Grey/Black interior, Swiveling Towbar, Rear parking camera, LED headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Confidence soundpack and Genuine VW Boot mat for the trips to the Garden Centre...

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login