first three months of ownership

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jason78
still on the production line
Passat model: b8

first three months of ownership

Post by jason78 »

ive owned mine now since end of March,2.0tdi 150 highline,tbh im not that happy with it having ordered it from the brochure when they were made available for sale late last year.Mistake yes but I took a gamble.

I find the rear suspension boomy and noisy over mild broken road surfaces,on motorway journeys any sudden twitch or change of direction of the steering wheel makes the car loose its composure at the rear where its dynamics feel sloopy and soft,its not a case of the tyres loosing grip,the issue appears to be more in the rear subframe setup where it just does not appear to handle as good as had hoped.has anybody else been disappointed with this aspect of its handling?

all the bodywork at the front was out of alignment when I took delivery from vw and had to have it left back in to have rectified.
I now have a vibration in the engine compartment at 1000rpm (metal on metal sound),various rattles and buzzing from the dashboard,a notchy 1st to 2nd gear change,wind noise from the front windscreen that I was not expecting from a reportedly v quiet car.
I do have it booked in to have these issues looked at but having owned a string of good quality new cars over the last 10yrs the Passat has appeared to have the most new car issues I have ever experienced.
would I buy another? has to be a no.
Passat b8 saloon 2.0 TDI 150 highline

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login