Dealers & Customer Service, are they compatable ?

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm

Notajag
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 Estate

Dealers & Customer Service, are they compatable ?

Post by Notajag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm

I've had the half hour test drive on the 22nd Sept a further 40mins working out whether they wanted to match the CarWow offer from a rival garage.
The garage I'm using is one of these big brand new buildings on a trading estate, everyone under thirty rushing around clutching bits of paper !
Scrutinising the order they had to redo it twice before getting the build spec correct :-q
Signed the order form following week 29th September gave over a £1000 deposit and came away with a folder of my spec glossary including an app to download to follow the build, only problem is it doesn't recognise my order No.
Therefore Useless !!! :-q
I did request at the time of signing an online manual to get ( UKP have suggested using nearly new plate on Autotrader to input, which I've done :-bd ) the garage have stayed silent !
The car can easily be the first or second biggest purchase in their budget and dealers whether new or used need to make sure that we the customer are treated respectfully and not as revenue fodder.
I'm going to do an objective review of the whole process with stage 1. Up to handover and drive home and hopefully with a :-bd
Any other feedback on dealers ?

Icaru5
Passat model: B8

Re: Dealers & Customer Service, are they compatable ?

Post by Icaru5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Notajag wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm
I've had the half hour test drive on the 22nd Sept a further 40mins working out whether they wanted to match the CarWow offer from a rival garage.
The garage I'm using is one of these big brand new buildings on a trading estate, everyone under thirty rushing around clutching bits of paper !
Scrutinising the order they had to redo it twice before getting the build spec correct :-q
Signed the order form following week 29th September gave over a £1000 deposit and came away with a folder of my spec glossary including an app to download to follow the build, only problem is it doesn't recognise my order No.
Therefore Useless !!! :-q
I did request at the time of signing an online manual to get ( UKP have suggested using nearly new plate on Autotrader to input, which I've done :-bd ) the garage have stayed silent !
The car can easily be the first or second biggest purchase in their budget and dealers whether new or used need to make sure that we the customer are treated respectfully and not as revenue fodder.
I'm going to do an objective review of the whole process with stage 1. Up to handover and drive home and hopefully with a :-bd
Any other feedback on dealers ?
Dealers don’t need to make sure that the customer is treated respectfully, and most never will. They’re a sales outlet for major manufacturers, driven by targets and bonuses like most modern businesses.

You seem to be really looking forward to your new car and rightly so, but may I make a suggestion with a view to helping you to maximise the longevity of your enjoyment ...

Skip the reviews of the dealer and the whole experience. From the context of your post, your pre-conceived negativity is obvious enough even after reading just the first sentence, and so the content of your reviews will only eat away at you and consume vast amounts of your precious time and energy. Enjoy collection day, drive off into the sunset with your excellent choice of new car and just be thankful that you don’t have to return there too often ... :D

Notajag
Passat model: B6 Estate

Post by Notajag » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for your comments and some good advice, and whilst I'd admit my expectation is low (questionable efficient proactiveness) and with good reason.
The chirpy saleman sent me off nearly 3 weeks ago with a pile of paperwork and a smile on my face :D
Noticing some stuff in the package was an VW app to follow the build, brilliant I thought :-bd
After nearly 3 weeks of it not working I phoned the garage only to find that the order No on the form was an internal one :-q

Now have the correct one and it's working giving a build progress :D

There is no negativity in my attitude towards the dealer without reason, and I'll continue giving them an honest appraisal, though I wouldn't cause problems higher up the ladder unless they mess up big time.
I've been self employed (now retired) for 45 years and in that time purchased/leased nearly 40 vehicles for use by me and a couple of employees. All these vehicles were "earning their keep" so costs were offset, however as the one paying the bill I've always tried to look after any asset that costs too much and depreciates too fast and that's without moaning at the governments sticky fingers on ones bank balance ! :-?

Now this vehicle won't be earning its keep so will be funded from savings/part ex. and being retired with more time on my hands.
I'm certainly hoping to collect and enjoy the experience only having to return for support when my friendly local garage can't. :-bd

Machinehead
Passat model: B8

Post by Machinehead » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Wouldn't hold out too much with the Build app! The car I've had for 2-months now (3rd August I collected it) is, according to the app "my new Passat has arrived in the UK. It is now awaiting clearance and transportation to the retailer. This normally takes 7 days" - stage 6 on the progress bar. I'm hoping another will arrive FOC when stage 7 is reached but it never does!! :roll:

The dealer on the other hand has been very good. I had asked during the 2 test drives and in the showroom if the car came with heated seats and was assured every time that it would but arrived without them. They retro fitted heated seats free of charge because it was their error. :D