VWNW 2012 aka Tatton Park

Just been to a show or event? Show us your pics and tell us about it!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mifkif
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B3, B3, B5.5, B6

VWNW 2012 aka Tatton Park

Post by mifkif »

This was our first ever outing to VWNW, as every other year so far, holidays and other family life inconveniences seemed to get in the way.

We decided we wanted a slow start to the day, and as such elected to not put the car on the stand. I am sorry Ant, but you we realise when Zoe gets her wicked way with you, just how hard it is to mobilise the small army :roll:

The wife's car was elected to be the family chariot for the day, so she was on cleaning duty this morning. Well it's her car after all :D We were finally on the road just after noon, but as Tatton is only down the road for us, there was no real dramas.

For all those fair weather show queens, we had a hole in the clouds that meant we had sun all afternoon. There was thunder and lightening in the distance, but we stayed dry.

Well I might as well start showing off some of the Passat contingent, of which there were plenty dotted about the show field.

Not sure if this get got the whole fly eyes idea....

Another of the usual suspects, still looking as good as ever....

Nice to see this B3 still going strong...

Ice cream splitty was superbly done. Couldn't get right in close as the owner was selfishly talking right where I wanted to take a shot. Some people hey? :p

20" Lorinsers' MINT!!!!!

Camper with pinstriping, Porcshe wheels, curb feelers and lovely paint? Check, check, check, check & double check!

Big kids love big toys, and who doesn't still try and justify owning a beech buggy every time they see one?

Too phallic? Not at all!

Gotta love these sticker people, they keep coming up with more 'must haves'. Here are two that particular tickled me.

Wheels, wheels, wheels......

This did have wheels, honest! If you look deep into the arches, you can just see them. Man do I love this van....

This had some work put into it. I reckon this will be in the mags when it is a bit more complete, but the foundations let you know it is going to be immense. Good luck to the builders, and I hope to see it complete one day.

Who doesn't dream of a well sorted MK1 especially when they have a beastly 20vt shoe horned under the bonnet.

This '56 Bettle cab was simply stunning, a real treat to admire.

As if we needed a reminder how diverse our beloved VW scene is, the traders area showed us just how diverse it can be. Where else could you see 25 cups of one shot coffee next to a petrol mower service kit?

Loads of planes flew over, probably due to the close proximity of the show ground to Manchester airport. Why do we have the compulsion to stand in amazement and shout 'LOOK AT THE PLANE' every time one flies over? I have no idea, but I took a photo to share......

And some lucky person got to drive home in this beaut. Oh wait a minute......... that would be me :D

Matt
Follow my Iron Man progess here - http://mifkif.wordpress.com/ and here - http://app.strava.com/athletes/1285908

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login