Starter at detailing -GOLF CABBY

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vwnutant
Site Admin
Passat model: Audi Q5 Sline

Starter at detailing -GOLF CABBY

Post by vwnutant »

Well thought id get into this a little , just on my own car to keep it clean as some of you seem to be getting excellent results ....

What ive done so far , sorry no pics as its just started THUNDERING AND RAINING :twisted: :twisted:

1) washed car using two bucket method , with lambswool mitt and then wiped car down with microfibre so theres no steaking

2) Got my Green Sonus clay bar today , so with my Meguiars quick detailer for lube , i started off giving the car a once over on all panels , not that much came off i was quite suprised , the bottom panels did , but not much else off the others , but it did seem to get rid of that haze or minor swirls that the sun catches .

3) Wiped down again with the microfibre

4) Cleaned wheels with Wonder wheels (only recommended if ur wheels have no pitting etc !) , cleaned and dried off , and then i bought some superguard from VWFESTIVAL for cheap , this is opitonal extra at peugeuot dealers at £175 a pop for a kit ! £5 at the show !!! :lol: ....used the alloy wheel sealant on all four wheels front and back and this should help keep them clean and lock out water and dust , w,ell see eh ...

5) clayed all windows and cleaned

6) bumper treated all bumpers with autoglym bumper treatment

7) tyres treated with meguiars yre gel , last weeks not days ! lol

oh and treated and cleaned the hood to , loads of dirt came out of this ! used turtle wax kit , seems ok but been told renovo is better.

thats it so far , my Silverline polisher isnt here yet , plus i need to decide what products to use first , then try them out before going for it on the car , got the blue 3m tape for masking too

also have some supaguard fabric and carpet protector , so once its all vacumed out will give this a go too ...

cheers
ant
=VWNUTANT - ADMIN/OWNER -UKPASSATS.CO.UK=

===CONTACT ME FOR MERCHANDISE OR BUSINESS/ADVERT ENQS FOR FORUM===
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR 12 MONTH PACKAGES AND ONGOING CONTRACTS

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login