K&N filter cleaning

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobman
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.4tsi Touran

K&N filter cleaning

Post by bobman »

right i thought it was about time to clean my K&N filter as it is gettin extremely black lol

recently i purchased K&N filter recharger kit from eurocarparts, it only cost 9.99 plus vat

it comprises of filter cleaner and a aerosol of filter oil

ok, here is my filter

to start of with you must remove all loose dust and particles from between the fins of the filter, i used a paint brush to remove as much as possible and gave it a few taps with my hand to shake further dust out of it

once u are happy with how much muck you have got out of it its onto the next stage
next you need to spray the whole filter element with filter cleaner, do not spray inide the filter just spray the outside, makin sure you get between all the fins and givin it a good soak, then leave to soak in for 10 mins

next is to clean out all the cleaner with clean water
you must rinse from the inside so that the muck doesnt recontaminate the filter again

the colour of the water comin out

this wasnt gettin much muck out so i used my portable preasure spray and gave it a good sprayin from the inside

as at the moment i cant do anythin else, because the filter has to be left to dry naturally, so i will leave it overnight and update you all tomorrow with the rest

TBC
RIP Muff Diver

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login