windows steaming up!! Best product to use

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pachanga231
B5.5
Passat model: b5.5 tdi 130 PD

windows steaming up!! Best product to use

Post by pachanga231 »

I'm pretty sure there's no water coming in. So is it to do with weather?
As compared to other cars on my block my windows tend to be more steamed up more noticeable when dark.
Ive been using rain x spray (yellow bottle from asda) on the inside recently not sure if this is why. Yesterday I just used white vinegar spray cleaning off with paper towels i thought this may get rid of previous products I have used. Its slightly better.
Years ago i used to use auto glym glass polish. it was in a cream type format and went on ok but I found that it left a powder residue although did a decent smear free clean from what I can remember. What do you folks use?

Also Currently no matter what I use I can see streaks and smears .i use a microfiber cloth to apply and a softer polishing cloth to remove working in circles but its never crystal clear :oops: what am I doing wrong.
I like my glass all round to be pristine when I'm.driving lol.hate steamed up windows.

I noticed the other day after playing football (car had been parked about hour and half) that the interior front windscreen was really damp and took ages to demist.in fact I had to clean it with a cloth which freaked me out. The cloth ended up getting quite damp. Pollen filter has been changed regularly and aircon etc all works fine as far as I know.. Should the demister be able to clear the windscreen pretty quickly on its own no matter how bad the condition? I normally press the top left button on the climatronic and leave it around 21 degrees. I have dropped it lower but I don't see a big difference. Does it matter if the centre/side vents are closed or open?

Help appreciated guys .
B5.5 Passat Sport 130PD 6speed (Upsoluted) - Xenons - Cruise Control - Phatbox - Chrome Mirrors - FK Coilovers - 312mm brake upgrade - Mirror Polished 18" Keskin KT1's - Badgeless Grille - Blue LED - Touareg Torch - More to come

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login