Need to act fast!! Advice please!!

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

Need to act fast!! Advice please!!

Post by wingz123 »

Hi all,

Right my car is a navy blue Passat estate 5.5 and I need to completely transform this paintwork so am looking for a little advice with regards to steps that need to be taken and what makes or product I should use...

So links to where I can buy these products would be very useful to me too if you have any.. :)

This is what I think I should do but I could be wrong in the order I intend on doing it...

1. Full Body Wash and Leather Dry
2. G3 Compound Panel by panel the entire car
3. Another Full Body Wash
4. Clay Bar the Car
5. Start with a base wax that should offer great protection (unsure of what product yet...)
6. Use another wax like Autoglym Super Resin Polish to build up the layers and then keep on using this from here onwards every week...

What do you think of that order? Can you suggest any good products?

I do also want to protect my wheels too......I will be putting X5 wheels on the car but as they were previously on a 4x4 before they have little speccy dots of brake dust on them......what should I use to remove these?

Then once done what would you advice I do to protect them? I have a friend who I am yet to ask how he protects his wheels but he could leave for 4 weeks then rub his finger over the wheel and the dirt just come straight off...he could wash those wheels with water alone and there be no brake dust left on them!!

Thanks!
UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login