Passat detailed/Polished

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kaliboy
B7
Passat model: B5 Estate

Passat detailed/Polished

Post by kaliboy »

I've had my car sorted, this weekend, by my friend Paul.

Here's his write up from Vag-H2o.co.uk:

Matt spoke to me ages ago about detailing his Mk3 and we eventually met up this weekend but as the Mk3 has just been sold it was his Passat Estate instead Laughing

Was hoping to get done it one day but as it's so big and had a nightmare with the paint on the bonnet and one or two other areas ended up returning today to do the roof and finish some bits off Wink

Heres how it looked on Saturday morning:

Morning sun showing the defects on the bonnet:

Ended up leaving some of the deeper swirls as after about two hours on the bonnet alone the holograms had gone and most of the light swirling had been removed, they just wouldn't budge. Almost like uniform scratches and the paint was like concrete!

Process was foamed and rinsed off with the pressure washer.
Given a good wash
Clayed using Poly Clay and Megs Last Touch
Polishing was done with Yellow cutting pads and switching between Megs #83 and Menz IP

For the LSP, Matt had bought some new DODO Juices Products and seen as he would be maintaining the car with these, they where used in the detail.

Went over the the car with DODO Lime Prime in prep for the wax
Wax was DODO Purple Haze and I must say they very nice indeed Cool

Heres a before and after of the of the rear quarter using the xenon torch:

Quick reflection pic after polishing (Nearest un-polished, end of panel polished)

Couple of after pics, sorry there isn't many but I was too pushed for time and didn't take too many and it was going dark!

You can see the bonnet starting to freeze already in the last pic. Thats another reason why I came back today as I went to clean the dust off the roof yesterday before polishing and the QD froze instantly Wink

Quick pic of the view from Matts back garden Laughing

Nobody with a good car needs to be justified - Wiseblood 1979

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login