Patsy gets a bath... You've seen the wheels, now the rest.

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Nuclear_Tom
B3

Patsy gets a bath... You've seen the wheels, now the rest.

Post by Nuclear_Tom »

Well, as I did the wheels a few weeks ago, thought I'd better do the rest of the car.

No before pics I'm afraid - simply forgot!

Basically at 4yrs and 120k miles, the amount of poo on the paint was unreal. Its been washed with Megs Gold, clayed with Sonus green with Megs QD as lube, then AG SRP, Megs Paint Cleaner followed by 2 coats of AG EGP. All black bits done with AG Bumper Care (I love this stuff, excellent product).

Non of the products are amazing, but as this really is the work horse, thought I'd try use up the tail end of my old stuff.

The amount of tar on the sides was unreal - its really satisfying claying a white car, you can see every little bit of muck be removed. The down side is that all the products I use dry white

I'm pleased with how it looks - but its not exactly stunning. Still, the reflection says quite a bit I suppose. Saying that, this has been done as its been really needed, rather than to gain an awesome look.

The car is covered in light swirling, but its not too bad tbh. Thing is, its solid white (not metallic), so I'm not sure how to tackle it - ah well, thats for another day.

The boot was disgusting - the previous owner used it to cart his dogs about in - must have taken an hour of hoovering, picking out, lint rolling etc, still not all that great, but a new carpet is only £65ish, so thats an option.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

Nice reflection for solid white I thought!

Thanks for reading. :)
1997/R BMW 328i in Boston Green

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login