Audi 80 B4 1.9TD AAZ worth keeping?

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

JohnJDM
Passat model: audi 80 b4 AAZ

Audi 80 B4 1.9TD AAZ worth keeping?

Post by JohnJDM »

Hi guys!
I have got a red audi 80 b4 1.9td aaz with 75hp from my father in law for free. 1 year ago I got it into my head that I will fix it. Im an amateur and spent so much time in my freetime on this old girl. Redone the brakes: Calipers, pads, discs, brake servo, brake master cylinder.
I repaired the fenders, other side i changed.
New chinese depo headlights, used and new back lights.
New seal on the rocker cover, plus victor reinz silicone needed.
New VARTA battery.
Repaired the horn, replaced interior parts.
Retrofitted the mirrors and front windows to electric original ones with professionally sealed and sorted cable management.
Changed the interior door panel trim (halfway done need to retailor the leather)
Changed the drivers door lock and door cylinder, made the ignition key to be compatible with the old one.
Changed the engine mounts, sadly vibration still happens.
Installed new exhaust mounts.
Gave a treatment to its underside wich is still rust free.

The car is from 1992. The catalytic converter and exhaust system is still original. THE CAR DOESNT SMOKE AT ALL. Tho 75hp is a bit weak for me. i dunno what to do. In my country its literally worthless, and kinda hard to find. Everyone has TDI s. One thing: To look great it still needs a complete repaint, as it had an accident in 2015, a small truck rear ended it, and the "mechanic" who repaired it for the insurance money was such a great one that he welded the left rear wing 1cm lower than the other part of the car, plus the painting is wrong too. After washing it with car shampoo, the paint whitens out, and its already wrinkled on some spots.

Any tips on what shall I do with it?
The car became a sort of passion addiction, but upon driving a pdtdi, i somehow remembered the fun in more powerful rides.