VAG Experts - Van

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Ben Kenobi
B2
Passat model: B6 & B7 Est

VAG Experts - Van

Post by Ben Kenobi »

For a week now I've been trying to get a timing belt set up on a 2.5TDi (BJK engine) but no matter what I do the belt is never in the correct zone when the tension is applied. I'll post some pictures later - too much sun out there now for my tastes.

The crank is locked - VAG tool, the cam was set up using feeler gauges and tool 2065a, despite this I can't get the cam timing mark to align when the tension is applied - it is either just ahead or just behind the mark. I ran it yesterday with it in the ahead position and started fine, ran fine but there was a noise I didn't like that wasn't the vacuum pump so I've stripped it again.

I've repeated the timing process countless times now and it never aligns - not even with the original belt.

At my wits end with it - I've done countless timing belts and never had so much trouble with one.

Anyone here ever done a BJK timing belt - any tricks or secrets not in Elsawin.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login