Seat Leon 1.9 TDI turbo problems

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

paddydow
Passat model: B5.5

Seat Leon 1.9 TDI turbo problems

Post by paddydow »

Hello All,
I'm looking for some help trying to rectify a turbo problem on a 2009 seat Leon, 1.9 TDI with a bxe engine. When I got the car recently it was going into limp home mode with a po0234 Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded fault code. I could hear a large leak which turned out to be a hole in the intercooler. Since I replaced the intercooler, the boost pipe downstream of the intercooler leaks heavily from the joint, causing a whistling noise. Dispite this the car is now driving well and not producing any fault codes. With my limited knowledge of vag com I checked the boost px actual versus specified. The actual boost is about 15 to 20 mbar higher than specified at 3000 rpm. The boost pressure controller and the maf have been swapped out with known good units during troubleshooting. My question is, do I have an overboost problem or is it simply a matter of getting a good seal on the pipes? Any advice is much appreciated!!