Lupo Flashing Oil Light

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dan~
B7
Passat model: B5.5 (AVF)

Lupo Flashing Oil Light

Post by dan~ »

Got a problem on our Lupo and you may not want to hear this but it's been happening for coming up a year now.

When driving around the car is fine, if we go on the motorway, come off at a junction and start slowing down we get a red flashing oil light and a beep.

So first thing I done was oil change, still happened, so changed hte oil pressure switch and thats been as much as we've done, been happening for yonks and getting fed up.

It's obviously not a serious issue, as the car would be dead, no hiccups or funny engine sounds, it's all very smooth.

The pressure sensor I got was a genuine VW part and not a cheapo.

The things I heard it could be a clogged up oil pickup, but would that cause this intermittant light to come.

Also if the oil pump was faulty, it would of failed by now wouldn't it? Also this wouldn't be intermittant either would it?

Running out of ideas, apprantely it could even be the clocks which are faulty, so would taking the clocks out and spraying some electrical spray over the connectors be beneficial?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login