Golf 1.6 2002 help please

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aman23
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: b5.5

Golf 1.6 2002 help please

Post by aman23 »

Hi,

Along with the Passat me and the wife also own a 52 plate golf 1.6 se.

Its done 79000 miles but having a few issues. Hoping someone might have some ideas.

Changed the ignition coils about a year ago as the car was jerking and jumping violently and the engine light came on. Bought some from ebay and all was well.

About a week ago the car started hesitating in second or third gear around 1500 to 2000 rpm. Its intermittent so its hard to replicate. Only ever happens when driving in gear and worse if going uphill.

I was told when we bought the car about 4 years ago the fuel filter was changed. But I thought 20 000 miles on may as well have a look. So changed it today and the one I replaced was the original from 23 April 2002. So obviously they never changed it and I never checked tbh.

The old filter had black/grey sand particles in it and they were coming out which ever way I would turn the filter. It was literally like sand coming out.

Anyway it did not stop the hesitation problem. It only happens occasionally more so when the car is warm. Very very rarely when cold, if ever at all.

Any ideas???

Amo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login