Typ19 Mk2 Golf

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

shaggy (nat)
B4
Passat model: B4 Tdi Wagon

Typ19 Mk2 Golf

Post by shaggy (nat) »

Thought i'd may as well start a build thread on here.... never know, someone might fancy swapping me for another B3 or maybe a B4 one day lol :hyst

We'll after the B3 I thought a Sharan would be different, so I bought one and with a few subtle mods and a set of powder coated rocco' wheels it looked like this...

Till I got bored and wanted something retro and cool again \m/

I'll let the picture do the talking but she's a 1986, 1.8gl Type19, she has non of the creature comforts the Sharan had. Wife loves it :-j Ha ha yeah right she doe's she bloody hates it, I love it \:D/

She had some really bad lacquer peel on the n/s/r door and boot panel

But, she has very little in the way of rust... this being the worse bit and a bit of surface rust on the lower edges of the front wings but nothing structural. Best of all I've not found ANYWHERE where its been welded/patched/covered/bodged in the past

Needed a dam good wash, polish and a hoover :unsure:

Does have a factory fitted sunroof tho, non leaking too :lol:

poo quality instagram picture after a snow/wash/polish/valet... I still hadn't dressed the plastics etc but was that impressed with myself I just had to take a pic :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a few more 'clean' pictures but there all on my instagram and I don't know how to get them to here. Follow me NatHolloway ;)

So at this point we'd had 'Betty' for a couple of weeks, sorted the fast idle and fixed a few of her niggles.. I'd fitted new rear door handles, temp sender and thermostat etc, the coolant water was proper rank :o

Gave her an ocd clean :thumbs:

Yep, that's a beading scuttle panel lol (I also replaced the thin plastic scuttle tray with a later spec hard plastic one)

Then I fitted some 15'' Borbet C lookalikes

and fitted some 60mm lowering springs/shocks from a Mk3 (Which dropped it around 80mm all round)

and then just because

All my pictures are taken from Instagram so look poo :-[

Anyway sat in the garage a have a box....

Big love to mike (Michael!) and his Tornado pink stink :hyst :hyst :hyst Looks fkin well all things considered

Gave it (another) clean

Meguiars actually 'liked' and commented on my photo \m/ #Winning

Added a little bit of LaminX (Its a bit of a Marmite mod...)

and then try'd to take a few arty farty shots

bum ends sat in the weeds and the nose is sky high as its crammed with camping gear :lol:

(It was about this point that I REALLY wanted another B3 lol)

So where are we now...

Well, I've been doing a couple of little jobs this week, fitted new rear bearings, tightened the handbrake cable and set the carb (again lol).

Also got a few good quality photos (My phone camera pics weren't doing her any favours :lol:)

and I've finally got some spring caps for the coilovers

Time to get them on and get low B)
#PanzerWgn @NatHolloway
Its my Mums fault, she used to say "Grow up Stupid".....so I did