Polo Automatic Gearbox Problem

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Ronin
B2

Polo Automatic Gearbox Problem

Post by Ronin »

Hi Everyone
I'd just like to see if anyone has any ideas or experience of the problems we are experiencing on my partners Polo.

It's a 2000 1.4 Polo Automatic MkIIIF

Problem started with the oil pressure light coming on randomly. Oil change, sump off and oil pick up mesh cleaned, oil pressure sensor changed. No difference. Then the abs light started to do the same and the air bag light. When all of these came on together the warning gong sounds and the car goes into get you home mode. It loses power and the gearbox "Bangs" into gear at all gear changes.

This comes and goes and can stay the same for minutes or weeks before turning good or bad. The vag computer is showing a gearbox computer fault. I interestingly when the snow and slush were down It behaved the whole time.

I feel that this is an earth fault somewhere, but a very good local auto electrician, who felt the same, couldnt find where the fault lay.

Any ideas anyone, before it's Ebay'ed for spares or repairs

Best regards
--
Ronin
1998 20vT Sport

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login