i LOVE my gt <3

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lewiswilkinson
B2

i LOVE my gt <3

Post by lewiswilkinson »

haha.

I really do. When i looked at it, it was dark, and now its daytime i can see quite how bad it is. I'm so glad its a VW because with some stickers and a slam i can pass it off as rat-look, as opposed to just poo :D

The sills have 3 plates on them on the drivers side- theyre solid and the rust hasnt gone any further but never seen a mk2 go here before - allthough this has lived by the sea for about 18 of its years...

Front wing NS - MASSIVE dent and rotten at the bottom. OH well, time for a new wing..Stuck a sticker on it for now to make it look good :laugh:

Paint is so dull its unbelievable. Its an '86 so pre laquer so i'll get out there with some polish later..or not - i like it powdery!

Been smacked on the NS rear quarter at some point, enough to merit the WORST filling i've EVER seen, and sprayed with polar white, not alpine like the car. Theres a sticker of a dog doing a tuneful fart above this to distract the eye. This also cracked badly the rear light, so changed them for my poo home tinted ones form my old jetta. Gonna swap them with the std ones from the blue jetta as i like the std look...

Rear OS quarter has had paint stripper on it ar some point and again repainted with polar white...but.. Fuel cap = cool sticker (again, this attracts attention away from the poor colour match...)

Rear valance below bootlid - rust bubles but solid..

Rear OS door - doesnt open as handle properly jammed. Oh well, its got 10 months MOT so i'll leave that for now...

Windscreen(got one in tha back, too..) = cool sticker

On the plus side its got all the orignal glass and dealer plates,

has NO leasks whatseover (found that out driving it home in torrential rain) and I'm only the 4th owner in 21 years.. As ive also said it runs SO well. Tappets are a teeny bit noisy for about 10 seconds after startup but apart from that it drives so well, idles perfectly and pulls in every gear with no smoke or flat spots.

Owned by 2x enthusiasts and one not so careful driver, and now me. I didnt even put the VDUB club stickers on it...

The bodywork makes it fit to be bangered, but I'm SO smitten with it its unreal. Like the black bottle-tops on it too. Gonna get a couple of new front wings and the sander out on the dodgy bit of filling. Even i can do better than that, seriously.

With horrible, but non-cracked/holed lights:

In comparison too:

Oh, and look at this interior... not exactly mint, but not seen that pattern before...

Oh

But seriously, £140 for a car with 10 months MOT? Cant be bad :D
'Anyway, everyone knows Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for wankers.'

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login