My mk3 has issues... Already :-(

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

veedubjunky
B7

My mk3 has issues... Already :-(

Post by veedubjunky »

Went to start the car this morning(mk3 8 valve gti on a '95) and it started only to die immediately I tied two or three times with the same result I then noticed none of the clocks or guages were showing a reeding no lights nothing!, couldnt hear the fuel pump primeing or anything, I then checked the fuse board all ok, I then just by chance moved one of the relays! and the clocks come back on and the car started and run fine so I set off for a little drive. About 100m down the road the clocks died again but the car was still running so I wiggled the relays again and the clocks came back on for another few hundred meters then went off again so I turned round and got the car back home turned the ignition off and tried to start it again and it died again this time wiggling the relays did nothing

So my question is, is it a faulty relay if so which one?(relay number and possition) or is it something else?

Please help me somebody its doin ma head in

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login