tdi starting issues

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fredski
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5 se,b5 20v t

tdi starting issues

Post by fredski »

Hi all,HELP NEEDED PLEASE,our other car (golf gt tdi 110 t-1999) has developed a real issue with starting.
car was parked up whilst visiting the bank,and on return would not start.
i have fuel at injectors,battery is good and i noticed the starter motor sounded lazy so have since replaced it,cranks over lovely,fires on first crank but shuts off immediately,(as if no fuel but this is not the case) also since fitting new starter a couple of times after attempting start-up the starter wont disengage and continues to whirr even with ignition off and key in my hand (had to disconnect battery to stop it).
any ideas as i am totally stumped,beginning to think its a poss wiring issue (of epic measure) maybe ignition barrel,or ecu???im clutching at straws here,and cannot think of why or how starter would stay cranking without supply? it was correctly installed,and pretty near impossible to get wrong,
any input gratefully received,I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A GARAGE................just yet :sad:
regards fred

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login