Raw unburn fuel smell,need urgent help! golf mk3 1.4

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

gor131-x
B6

Raw unburn fuel smell,need urgent help! golf mk3 1.4

Post by gor131-x »

hi guys

i have a mk3 golf 1.4 aex engine code.i have a 10+page thread on golfgtiforum and still stumped!heres' the link:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index....pic=134402.120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

basicly,the head gasket went,got another engine from scrappers,that was knackered,got another engine which sounds and runs fine,however a few problems:

1. there is a strong raw unburnt fuel smell coming from the crankcase breather hose,changed the throttle body,still no change,

2.the temperature needle drops to zero when i drive and goes to 90degrees when stationary,ive changed temp sensor and thermostat but stil the same

3.the radiator hoses get airlocked but when i unscrew the expansion tank cap,they go fine,however,upon driving the car again,they will become airlocked again.ive bought a new expansion tank and cap and still same problem.

its had a new lambda,temp sensor,thermostat,throttlebody,inlet manifold,new spark plugs,I AM ABSOLUTELY STUMPED

any input guys

thanks
115BHP UPSOLUTED with 130 PD Injectors, Custom FMIC, 130bhp solenoid valve

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login