BINDING BRAKES problem

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

afk40
still on the production line

BINDING BRAKES problem

Post by afk40 »

Guys, am puttin some feelers out here as I have a Ford Galaxy 1.9tdi 115psi 92k miles vw engine in it with all vw running gear... an this is ma problem that I cannot or my mechanic pal has wi the front brakes binding on, they do release, but when ye apply again. they bind on a stay on fur a few miniutes... has anyone got any ideas to the problem...

there are no faults "codestored" in the ecu and no faults showing,,ie from the brake lamp fault,, the brake lamp problem is irrelevant to the brake fault right enough.,,so we are now back to the problem being brake related and not abs related which unfortunately does not mean that the abs pump is not faulty the system only reads faults relating to the operating system and not the unit itself. its gettin now to the point that the brakes come on when driving even when not having pressed on the pedal but randomly ,,, seems there is a pressure building up in the system.

I thought it was the brake light switch that made the brake lights stay on that has been renewed an intilized, but its funny the brake light go faulty the same time as ave a problem wi ma front brakes binding on.??? any help wi this wid be great as am now climbing the wall the galaxy has been off the road now 3 weeks.