VW Transporter No start

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

adamss24
UKPassat's Possie

VW Transporter No start

Post by adamss24 »

Hi guys, tried replacing the antifreeze last night in me 98 vw transporter 2.5 tdi and while running the engine, a bit of water got onto the starter area and engine turned off by itself. It does crank as ussual but i cannot see any Immobiliser light on the dash (is there any as never notticed ?) when key is turned to the ON position, the VCDS connects to the ECU as ussual, no faults in the ECU, all fuses appear ok and the fusible links on top of the battery appear OK. Does anyone know if there should be a Immo light on the dash ? Also, are there any hidden fuses apart from the ones next to the steering wheel ? The engine starts on brake cleaning spray and i am not shure if the pump jumped or not. Any one have a drawing of the timing sprokets while at TDC ? I have Autodata 2004 but the drawings are not clear whith regards of timing the pump. I did get the engine at TDC(took the rocker cover off and seen the camshaft lobes pointing up while noting the flywheel TDC mark), the injector pump marks allign but i cannot work out wich is the camshaft mark on the engine- the one on the sproket is visible ... Any help please ? Still hope there is a blown fuse somewhere and NOT a blown ECU. I cannot see if the pump jumped (belts are under tenssion) thats why i wanna make shure i got all the timing marks aligned before pulling the injector pump belt as its such a pain to get them right !

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login