My 1989 Mk2 GTI

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T6 Caravelle

My 1989 Mk2 GTI

Post by dubber36 »

He she is, home at last.

I gave it a quick wash to have a closer look at what I had bought, and it all looks pretty good.

The front valance has been replaced, but not fittted very well, or painted for that matter, the bonnet needs repainting, and a couple of minor dings need sorting, but apart from that it aint too bad.

Inside it need a drivers seat cos the side bolsters are worn, but there are a set on the bay at the moment. Can I make a passenger seat fit the drivers side? There are also one or two bits of trim missing, but nothing that I wont find in the srcapper over the next few months.

Well chuffed with the wheels. They came up a treat with a good wash, although they have suffered a bit of kerb rash. Nothing a refurb wont sort out. The tow bar will have to go, and I've just bought a set of 16V rear lights. I like the ones that are on, but prefer oem better.

Not too sure about the suspension. It has a kit of unknown whereabouts, and sits too low at the back. I'm going to do a quick fix with some towing spring assistors for now, then invest in a new set upwhen the wife allows.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login