Codding Door Modules.

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

bakili
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: MK7 Golf

Codding Door Modules.

Post by bakili » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Hey guys.
After some help please. Retrofitted power folding mirrors on my MK7 Golf SE. Had to replace door modules as well as SE modules doesn't support folding mirrors. Everything to do with mirrors seems to be working good, folding, puddle lights, dip in reverse etc but rear electric windows won't work now. I have following error codes attached as image. I did back my old modules up, but not sure what to do next.

Any advice Please? ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

maclee
B6
Passat model: B3

Re: Codding Door Modules.

Post by maclee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

This is based on my 2000 SEAT, but I suspect it will be much the same on your car.

Have a look at the window control switches on the driver's door. You will find a switch, in my case a push switch with an icon of a stick-Man-like child in a circle. If that switch is 'on' it will disable the operation of the rear windows from the rear switches, though they should still work from the driver's door switches.

Have you inadvertently actuated that switch when taking the door apart to change the mirrors and modules?

bakili
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: MK7 Golf

Re: Codding Door Modules.

Post by bakili » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks for reply
I finally managed to get all windows working. It was nothing to do with child window lock button. It did require some codding. Everything working now except actually child window lock button. By pressing it, it wont turn orange and won't disable rear windows. Something I can leave without but still need get it working soon or later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk