dirty worded vehicle

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aks1989
B4
Passat model: B5.5

dirty worded vehicle

Post by aks1989 »

right
the other half has a corsa (yeah dirtiest word in the english language, note she doesn't let me see her cars before she buys them haha)
anyway 6 weeks after she brought it it needed new coil packs (2010 "10" plate)
got that sorted.
today she was going up to machester and just as she was getting on the m6toll, limp mode cut in EM warning light etc etc so she limped it home and begged me for a lift.

I had a look at it this afternoon when she got back, light had discharged itself.
started teh car ticking coming from the injectors (could be carbon cannister I suppose) all sparks running fine etc.
and drove it no limp mode.
Turns out she hasn't had it serviced in the last 15k (18 months) despite my reminding her constantly, so I sent it for a full service.

NOW ONTO MY POINT

What diagnostic port do these use (OBDII?)
if so will my vag-com lead connect to her car if I get the right software? and indeed will it even read anything?
If not anyone know where I can get proper software for this?
Looks like I'm going to start building a collection of fully-licenced softwares soon haha, going to register and pay the full whack for VCDS, need one for toyota and one for vauxhall.
Maybe a dealers laptop would be the item of choice ;)

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login