Mk5 Golf

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

GavinT
B1

Mk5 Golf

Post by GavinT »

Yes it's one of those good old water in the car threads, but this is on the drivers side not the passenger side. We removed the plastic cover under the windscreen and found the drivers side drain hole blocked with all sorts of gunk and poo, cleared it out and ran the hosepipe down it for a few minutes. Thought that would have fixed the problem but it didn't. Then discovered the drivers side door skin was loose at the top near the wing mirror due to a missing bolt, fixed that but it's still leaking when it rains. Checked the boot but it's bone dry, as is the passenger side of the car. I'm still suspecting the drivers door, I've heard the drain holes at the bottom can become blocked causing the water to spill over the sill, how difficult is it to remove the inner door card or even the outer skin? Car is my mates 04 reg 2.0 GT TDI (3 door version without sunroof).

Thanks in advance
2001 1.8 20v Turbo SE. K&N panel filter with heavily modified airbox and COAM mod, boot lip spoiler, 18" Audi S8 wheels, VW logo mud flaps, smoked rear clusters, B5 20v turbo engine cover, blue silicone hosing, Forge dump valve,