my mk4 polo rebuild

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mini_dub
Car of the Year 2012
Passat model: B5.5 est

my mk4 polo rebuild

Post by mini_dub »

hey
just some shots of what i have been doing on my mk4 polo

it used to look like this:
but after i got forced to modify the front end by a nice lady who decided to do and emergancy stop for a fesant it look like this :-(
it was back on the road within a few days but not long after the gearbox deciede to start making some choice noises so it was time for some tlc
first i started by removing all the sealer from the rear wheel arches but found a spot of rust
so gave up on the rear for the time being and deciede to crack on tyding up the front wheel arches
dirty
cleaned
painted
after doing this it was time to crack on smoothing off the top grills and towing eye cover on the front bumper so after perchasing a plastic welding kit off ebay i gave it a shot. i used and old rear bumer for the inserts for the top grill and welded them in (didnt get and photos was too kean to get the filler on)
filled
primed
finished
whislt i was cracking on with the bumer the car went off to have the rust repaired and get some bits and bobs deleted so after 10 hours of welding it looks like this
rust removed
smooth sills
washer jets deleted
tailgate badge and handle deleted

thats as far as the projects got atm, waiting for my garage to be ready then i can crack on with the body work

update soon i hope

chris
{()()]==AIR Car of the month October 2010, March 2012. Car of the year 2012 Image
My Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19734
my mk4 polo: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48182&p=372666#p372666

instagram: @mini_dub

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login