Continuation of the Porsche 944

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

madrob6
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6

Continuation of the Porsche 944

Post by madrob6 »

Thought I'd continue my progress on the 944 in here as it's not really a VAG car (even though most of the parts seem to have VW Audi logos on them).

Original Thread

Not a great deal of progress has been made lately other than getting the fan blower to work, turned out that the handbook lied and the fuse which it claimed was 'not used' was the one for the blower. Grr! Anyway I need to get a new switch for that as it doesn't work on position 3, VW didn't have one handy so I will have to add it to my large list of parts I need from Porsche. Tried to investigate why the electric mirrors are dead and after pulling half the interior to pieces I'm still clueless as to what is going on there.

Dropped the starter motor off to be refurbished yesterday as the solenoid was dead and it was over £100 cheaper to get the current one rebuilt than to buy a replacement. Other than the solenoid the starter is working fine. With any luck I should be able to have the engine running this weekend but there is probably something else that needs seeing to before it wants to play ball.

Had a bit of investigating this weekend as mine is the only 944 I've ever seen to not have headlight washers, a bit of investigation showed a headlight washer switch inside and the pump under the bonnet so I decided to take the bumper off and see what parts remained back there.

Sadly all that remains is the pump and the wiring with a lump of silicone stuck in the end but worse than that it turns out that the bumper is a cheap knock off made from fibreglass and doesn't even fit the car properly. Looks like the car has been repaired from a bit of damage in the past as the nearside wing has also been replaced but whoever did the repair seemed to cop out beyond doing the wing and bodge the rest of it as the front valance wasn't fitted particularly well and then this dodgy bumper where the mounting holes don't line up and it barely fits between the wings.

This is how the car looks after this weeks fettling, excuse the crappy camera phone pics, didn't realise how much rubbish was on the lens.

B6 TDI with turbo laaaaaaaaaaaag
944 in need of a refresh

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login